Hire a Veteran
Top Ten Reasons to Hire Veterans
- Accelerated learning curve: In addition to possessing transferable capabilities, veterans have the proven aptitude to learn new skills and concepts.
- Leadership. The military trains soldiers to lead by example as well as through direction, delegation, motivation and inspiration, even in the most difficult circumstances.
- Teamwork: Out of responsibility to their colleagues, veterans understand how to blend individual and group productivity.
- Diversity and inclusion in action: Veterans have learned to work side-by-side with individuals regardless of their diverse race, gender, geographic origin, ethnic background, religion, economic status and capabilities.
- Efficient performances under pressure: Under the stress of tight schedules and limited resources, veterans know how to accomplish priorities on time.
- Respect for organizational structure and procedures: With their acceptance of accountability for themselves, superiors, and subordinates, veterans grasp their role within a hierarchical framework.
- Current with technology: Working where correct, timely data is critical, veterans frequently have experience with the most advanced information and network technology.
- Integrity: Veterans know what it means to do "an honest day's work." Prospective employers can benefit from a track record of trustworthiness.
- Conscious of safety standards: Thanks to extensive training and conscientiousness, veterans can be instrumental in protecting employees, property and materials.
- Triumph over adversity: Beyond dealing positively with issues of maturity, many veterans have overcome obstacles from difficult situations and personal disabilities through strength and determination.
From the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.